Running Postmaster - PGDATA Variable

От Mike C
Тема Running Postmaster - PGDATA Variable
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

>You must specify the directory that contains the database system either by specifying the -D >invocation option or by
settingthe PGDATA environment variable.

Where can I set this variable so I don't get this message all the time. I did type

[localhost:/usr/local] postgres% postmaster -D /usr/local/pgsql/data but got this message:
Lock file "/usr/local/pgsql/data/postmaster.pid" already exists.
--

Regards
Mike C

От: Nigel Gilbert
Сообщение: getInherits(): SELECT failed.
От: missive@frontiernet.net (Lee Harr)
Сообщение: Re: Running Postmaster - PGDATA Variable